Wednesday 30 November 2011

'THE' Chocolate Chip Cookies



Yes, finally, this is the post a LOT of people I know are waiting for. And we'll get to the cookies in a minute, but first I'd like to talk about the chocolate chip cookie. This is my favourite cookie, and always has been. When I was young, my mom bought the packaged ones, and they where ok. Then there was the President's Choice Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie. This changed my life. It was love at first bite way back in the late 80's. Then I started making my own cookies. They were really good. Really, really good. I'd make them and bring them to my work, and I swear I got a raise at my first job because of them.



 I've made them and brought them in to every job I've had. This is the first time I've worked in such a large office, and also the first time I've had to make a quadruple batch. I've a growing list of separate little packages of cookies I need to make and deliver. I love to bake, and I love to feed people. I wish my company would just pay me to make the cookies for work everyday. It has been suggested. I don't think it will go too far.



Alright, back to the recipe. It comes form our very first vegan cookbook. There are some absolute gems in this cookbook. I just wish you could by them with laminated pages in a coil spine. As you can see, this has been through some wars.

                                                                 'How It All Vegan'

This holiday season, make everyone you know love you more, because food means love. Feed them. ; D





-Melina : D

No comments:

Post a Comment