Thursday 15 December 2011

Super Scrambliciousness


Who doesn't love a yummy fry-up? Ever since Melina and I have lived together, brunch has been a big part of our lives. There was the Mother Tucker's brunch buffet, where I learned that my new bestie considered a buffet to be a challenge. It was there that I saw her take on our friend Luke in a competitive eating challenge. She lost, but in fairness, Luke was amazing. Another memory: the many Sunday mornings with full breakfast and Coronation Street. Good times.

The bacon and eggs are a thing of the past, and we don't miss them one bit. Every vegan has their own version of the tofu scramble. We have many. This is just one of the many we have tried.

Tofu and Sausage Scramble

1 small block of extra firm tofu (227 grams)
2 vegan sausages (we like Tofurky Italian. Mmmmmm!)
1/2 medium onion
2 Tbs canola oil
salt and pepper



Sauté onion in the oil over medium heat until browned. Crumble the tofu and continue to sauté until it just begins to colour. Then add the chopped up sausages and continue to cook until lovely and brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. I like lots of pepper. Mmmmmmm!

We served with yummy kale and toast.  Amazing and so easy!


~ Denise

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried making a tofu scramble yet...just can't bring myself to do it, but I have to say - the photos look pretty durn tasty. Also, scrolling down...never heard of mochi! Intriguing!

    An Unrefined Vegan
    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete